APM (application performance monitor) tool for distributed systems, especially designed for microservices, cloud native and container-based (Docker, K8s, Mesos) architectures. Underlying technology is a distributed tracing system.
Fully functional APM system. Improve streaming analysis and provide a whole new UI.Mar. 2018
More data collected, and support streaming analysis and aggregation in Collector.May. 2017
SkyWalking provides formal agent,
as a result, no need to change the target application's source codes.
Also, don't depend on HBase.
SkyWalking agent supports OpenTracing Spec 1.0May. 2016
SkyWalking provides manual instrument SDK and uses HBase Storage.
Just only a distributed tracing system.
Create and Open SkyWalking project by Sheng Wu 吴晟Sep. 2015
- Just need JDK and Elasticsearch.
- No need Hadoop, Hbase or Cassandra,
which are good, but hard to deploy and maintain.
- Analysis models are based on Streaming.
Collector analysis and aggregates data in real time.
- Better for alarm and UI performance.
- Provide log4j, log4j2, logback plugins for outputing tracing context (e.g. traceid).
Search logs from trace, if you have log-collect system, like ELK.
- @Trace any method.
- Working with 3-part agent by SkyWalking Trace Data Protocol.
- Support OpenTracing-java.